Clinical and Special Needs Webinars and Other Resources
Remote Assessment AdministrationRiverside Insights wants to support your continued professional development while schools and other facilities remain closed due to the coronavirus epidemic. We've collected some of our top resources here, and will continue to add more over the coming weeks.
- Psychological Tele-Assessment During COVID-19: Ethical and Practical Considerations - By A. Jordan Wright, Ph.D.
- Psychological Tele-Assessment: Lessons Learned (So Far...) - By A. Jordan Wright, Ph.D.
- Remote Assessment - User Experience: A Texas Case Study - By A.I.M. Part 1/2
- Perspectives on the Effects of COVID on the Examinee - Tips for Remote Assessments - By Dr. Tammy Stephens
- Preparing to Conduct Remote Testing: Considerations & Guidance - By Dr. Tammy Stephens
- The Effects of Remote Testing on the ELL Population and What Can Be Done to Help - By Dr. Pedro Olvera
Remote Administration Guidance
- Remote Administration of the WJ IV, Bateria IV, and WMLS III
- Ancillary Document: Tips for Remote Assessment Using Riverside Insights Clinical Products
- Remote Administration Guidance for the Battelle® Developmental Inventory, Second Edition™ Normative Update (BDI-2™)
- Remote Administration Guidance for the Battelle® Developmental Inventory, Third Edition™ (BDI-3™)
- Remote Testing: Supplemental Resources
Want more information on COVID-related testing guidelines for Clinical and Special Needs Assessments?
- Standardized Testing and Eligibility Determinations: Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic - By: Beth Varner and Joe Claeys
- Tackling the Backlog by Streamlining the Assessment Process: By: Dr. Tammy Stephens
Dyslexia / Dysgraphia
- Dyslexia: A Collaborative Evaluation Approach - Part One
- Dyslexia: A Collaborative Evaluation Approach - Part Two
- Assessment of Dyslexia: Constructs and Challenges - By: Nancy Mather and Beth Varner
- Conducting a Comprehensive Dysgraphia Evaluation: Integration of Informal and Formal Measures - By: Dr. Tammy Stephens
Patterns of Strengths & Weaknesses for SLD Identification
- Determine Language Proficiency and Dominance Using WMLS, Woodcock-Johnson IV COG and Batería IV COG
- I’ve Established Language Dominance and Proficiency, Now What?
- Understanding The Loss of English Language Proficiency During COVID-19
- Introducing BDI-3 - Updated: Summer 2021
- Enhancing your BDI-3 Experience - A Sneak Peak into Lesson Plans
- Introducing the Mobile Data Solution (MDS): Assessments on the Go!
- Introducing BDI-3
- Part 1: How Has COVID-19 Effected our Early Learners?
- Part 2: How Has COVID-19 Effected the Role of our Early Learning Educators?
- Addressing the Testing Backlog Using the BDI-3
- The Importance of Early Childhood Academic Skills and How To Make A Difference - By Dr. Tammy Stephens and Georgene Moon
- Conducting a Safe Early Childhood Assessment During COVID: Tips for Using the BDI-3 Face-to-Face or Remotely
- Screening for Dyslexia in Early Childhood with the Battelle® Early Academic Survey - By Dr. Margaret Camp
- Smart Goals and Instruction - Using BDI-3 Data and Reports - By Jacqueline Kilburn
Solution and Product-Focused Presentations
Spanish and English
- Introduction to the New Batería IV: Composition and Test Overview
- Integrating the WMLS III into a Comprehensive Speech-Language Evaluation
Social Emotional Learning
- Making Meaning of Scores
- A Refresher on Basals, Ceilings, and the Complete Page Rule
- Riverside Score: The Ins and Outs of Electronic Record Forms
- Glossary of Testing Terms
- Components of the WIIIP Comprehensive Report
- Systematic Behavior Observation in a Snap!
- Before, During, & After: Tips for Efficient and Effective Assessments with the WJ IV ACH
- Navigating the WJ Toolkit: Using the Right Combination During the Right Situation
Clinical Assessments Insights Sessions
For a complete list of previous presentations, click here.
Additional Resources from Riverside Insights
In addition to our webinars, Riverside Insights offers a robust library of resources for our Clinical and Special Needs assessments, including Perspectives articles and Assessment Service Bulletins. Links to resource libraries for specific products are available below:
- Batería IV Resources
- Woodcock-Johnson IV (WJ IV) Resources
- Woodcock-Johnson IV Tests of Early Cognitive and Academic Development (ECAD) Resources
- WJ IV Interpretation and Instructional Interventions Program (WIIIP) Resources
- Woodcock-Muñoz Language Survey (WMLS III) Resources
COVID-19 Specific Resources from Our Valued Partners
Riverside Insights works with and supports key organizations in the Clinical and Special Needs Assessment space that have made special resources available during these difficult times. To help broaden the impact of these resources and for your convenience, we are re-sharing them here.
- Guidance on Psychological Tele-Assessment During the COVID-19 Crisis
By A. Jordan Wright, PhD, Joni L. Mihura, PhD, Hadas Pade, PsyD, and David M. McCord (via American Psychological Association)
- Psychological Assessment Training During COVID-19 (via American Psychological Association)
- COVID-19 Resources from the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- COVID-19 Resources from Trainers of School Psychologists (TSP)